June 4-6, 2021
Ridgecrest Conference Center
Session 1: Determine to be Determined Wendy Pope
For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the Lord, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel (Ezra 7:10). For most of my life I didn’t know who Ezra was and now… well, now I want to be like him. We set our heart on lots of things. Let’s learn to set our hearts on being determined to study the Law of the Lord.
Session 2: Determined to Know the Story – Lisa Nance
Have you looked at the Bible as a grown-up version of a Children’s Bible Storybook? Do you know all of the “Sunday School stories”, but don’t know how they connect? What if you could see the big picture? What if you understood The Story? You will learn how the Old Testament and New Testament work together, how each book of the Bible is important, and how it uses language purposefully. This session will help you connect all sixty-six books of the Bible into the story that God has written for His people, with Jesus at the center of it all.
Session 3: Determined to Study the Bible Rightly – Leah DiPascal
Have you ever struggled with understanding Scripture, or picked up your Bible and wondered “Where do I start?” As Christians, how can we be sure we’re understanding and applying God’s Word correctly? In this session, you’ll learn a step-by-step process of studying Scripture for yourself. Discover the right tools to help you apply God’s Word to your everyday circumstances, instead of relying on others to do it for you. This session will take the guesswork and frustration out of your study time, so you can experience the joy and excitement of knowing Jesus through studying His Word.
Session 4: Determined to Connect the Testaments – Wendy Pope
When studying the Bible, it’s easy to separate the two testaments, not seeing their relationship. In this session Wendy, builds on Lisa’s session and will demonstrate the close connection between the Old Testament and New Testament. You will learn how to make the connections through a process called Paralleling. This study technique gives you the opportunity to reflect, connect, and compare corresponding scriptures and Biblical truths from the testaments.
7:00 Session 1 Teaching: Determined to Be Determined – Wendy Pope
8:30 Session 1 Application
9:00 Session 2 Teaching: Determined to Know the Story – Lisa Nance
11:00 Session 2 Application
1:30 Optional Breakout: Q&A with Leah, Lisa, and Wendy
7:00 Session 3 – Determined to Study the Bible Rightly – Leah DiPascal
8:30 Session 3 – Application
9:00 Session 4 – Determined to Connect the Testaments – Wendy Pope
10:00 Small Group Application
Lisa Nance has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She brings 19+ years of ministry experience in Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, Ladies Ministry, and Adult Discipleship ministry. She has homeschooled her three children for the past 13 years, with her oldest graduating in 2018. She was co-director of the Home Educators of Lee Park Cooperative Program for 6 years, teaching Bible to all ages, Middle School and High School History and Literature. Her passion is to see the hand of God at work in the story of the world, and helping others understand their place in God’s story as He continues to use people in His mission to make His name great to every tribe, nation, and tongue.
Leah DiPascal is a speaker, author, and co-creator of the Lighten Up Sweet Pea podcast. She also served on the launch and teaching teams of the First5 app with Proverbs 31 Ministries, while writing devotions for Encouragement Today. With a background in Biblical studies and a Master’s Degree in Divinity, Leah’s ongoing mission is to help women engage, understand, and apply the Scriptures to their everyday life circumstances.
Leah and her husband, Keith, own a residential development business in Lake Norman, NC. They have two adult sons, a beautiful daughter-in-law, and hopefully many adorable grandchildren in their future. Leah’s plans are to never retire, but to keep sharing the love and the gospel of Jesus Christ until He takes her home.
Wendy Pope is the founder of Word Up Ministries and the author of Hidden Potential, Wait and See, and Yes, No, and Maybe. Wendy enjoys leading thousands of women worldwide through the One Year Chronological Bible as part of the in-depth Read Thru the Word Bible studies she has been teaching for a decade. She lives with her husband, Scott, and their two children in North Carolina.
Conference Worship Leader
Melissa Milbourn is a Worship Leader/Speaker from Marshall, Illinois, wired with a passion to help all of us escape our often-chaotic lifestyles and sit at the feet of Jesus. Through the years Melissa has led worship at her church, as well as women’s events across the country including ministering with many nationally known Women of Faith and Proverbs 31 Ministry speakers. Melissa spends her days as the Worship and Media Director at Marshall Baptist Church, AND being a wife to Denny, mother to three grown children, and grandma of five!
Director – Christie Lewis
Resource Coordinator – Linda Schoch
God Girl Nation
Word Up Ministries
*Click here for information about Conference Sponsorship or Conference Booth Space
We are excited to offer double and single occupancy options. Please read the following roommate instructions before registering.
Your registration to the Determined Conference includes 2 nights lodging, 3 meals on Saturday and breakfast Sunday morning, Four Main Teaching Sessions, Four Teaching Application Sessions, and Conference materials.
- Double Occupancy: $375 (per person)
- Single Occupancy: $524
If you have a roommate- Double Occupancy:
- Each roommate may register for the Determined Conference by calling Ridgecrest reservations at 800.588.7222 Monday –Friday 9am-4pm. Guest services will walk you through the registration process. Each roommate will pay a deposit of $255 and provide your roommate’s name. Each person will pay a remaining balance of $120 at the time of check-in.
Prefer to Stay Alone – Single Occupancy
- An individual may register for the Determined Conference by calling Ridgecrest reservations at 800.588.7222 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm. Guests services will walk you through the registration process. You will pay $329 at the time of registration. The remaining balance of $195 will be paid at the time of check-in.
Need a Roommate:
- An individual looking for a roommate may register for the Determined Conference by calling Ridgecrest reservations at 800.588.7222, Monday-Friday 9am-4pm. Guests service will walk you through the registration process. You will pay $329 at the time of registration. The remaining balance of $195 at the time of check-in, unless you are able to secure a roommate. When a roommate is secured call Ridgcrest Reservations and they assist with cost adjustments.
- See our event’s page, Determined Conference Events Page for conference updates and to share your roommate needs or anything elese conference related. If you aren’t on FB and need a roommate, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to post your contact information for you.
- More than 30 days – We are able to provide ½ refund
- 30 Days or less – We are not able to provide any refund.
- If a roommate cancels, and the guest is unable to secure another roommate, the full room charge ($149 per night) will be the responsibility of the guest remaining in the room.
We are thrilled for the opportunity to study God’s Word with you. If you have any questions about any conference details please email our conference director Christie Lewis.
***** All COVID guidelines will be followed. See Ridgecrest’s current COVID-19 Group Guidelines .
Click, Explore and Learn