Determined Conference 2023
Hosted by Wendy Pope & Word Up Ministries and this year’s Special Guest
October 13-14, 2023
Full Virtual Conference
What to Expect at Determined
Determined 2023 – God is Love: A Study of 1 John
August 25 – September 15
September 16 – October 13
Those who register early will be entered into a drawing to receive:
- Chronological Bible
- RTW Journal of your Choice
- There’s a Verse for That Tumbler
- A conference box mailed to you with everything needed for the event
- A printed and digital/editable conference notebook • Interaction with Conference Teachers during the conference
- Giveaways throughout the conference
- Bonus Teaching Video: Round Table Conversation with Teaching Staff
- Permanent access to all the teachings
About the Conference Boxes
- Conference Boxes will be stuffed with a variety of goodies and mailed to each attendee.
- All registrations on or before September 29 will receive the conference box by October 13th.
- We CANNOT guarantee a pre-arrival of conference boxes for those who register after October 3 so encourage you to register early. However, for those who aren’t able to register before October 3, you will receive your digital/editable Determined Notebook in time for the conference and your box will be mailed out as quickly as possible.
Determined Conference for 50%? Yes, tell me how!
Will you host a Determined 2023: God is Love Event? We want to offer a conference discount to your group of 5 or more, and to you as a host. Here’s how it works.
All Hosts receive:
- A 50% discount on the conference
- A copy of Wendy Pope’s newest Bible Study – The 320 Life: The Life You Always Wanted and Wondered How to Have
- A RTW Journal (Bound and Digital)
- All items necessary for the perfect attendee swag bag
- A deep discount for everyone attending:
As a host, you agree to:
- Distribute the registration code to each person you invite. (There will only be enough codes for the number of people you invite.)
- Receive and distribute the conference swag (Notebook and other goodies)
As a host, you are required to pay in full for the number of attendees you plan to invite. This payment can be managed in two ways:
- You bless those who you invite by covering their cost.
- You collect their registration fee prior to, or following registration.
How can I become a Sponsor of Determined 2023?
Word Up Ministries is a 501-3(c) donor supported non-profit ministry. Determined Conference is one of our annual fundraisers. Here is how you can help cover the cost of the conference so all monies made through the conference registrations can go straight into our general budget.
- Video Production Sponsor: $2100: Fully Funded
- Printing Sponsor: $750
- Technology Sponsor: $675
- Swag Box Sponsor: $500
Conference Speakers & Leaders
Wendy Pope, Speaker
Wendy is the Founder and Executive Director of Word Up Ministries, as well as member for the Read Thru the Word Teaching Team. She is the author of several books, including her latest Bible Study, The 320 Life: The Life You Always Wanted and Wondered How to Have. Wendy’s greatest passion is teaching the Bible through the ministry of Read Thru the Word. She has had the joy of leading thousands of women worldwide through the One Year Chronological Bible She lives in North Carolina with her husband, Scott and Boykin Spaniel Maxie. Scott and Wendy have two adult children.
Lisa Nance, Speaker
Lisa Nance has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She brings 19+ years of ministry experience in Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, Ladies Ministry, and Adult Discipleship ministry. She has homeschooled her three children for the past 13 years, with her oldest graduating in 2018. She was co-director of the Home Educators of Lee Park Cooperative Program for 6 years, teaching Bible to all ages, Middle School and High School History and Literature. Her passion is to see the hand of God at work in the story of the world, and helping others understand their place in God’s story as He continues to use people in His mission to make His name great to every tribe, nation, and tongue. Lisa ignites this passion in others through her teaching in Read Thru the Word.
Wendy Blight, Speaker
Wendy is a wife, mother, author, Bible teacher, attorney, and the biblical content specialist for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Her heart’s desire is to connect women more deeply with God’s Word. To learn it, pray it and know with confidence they can tackle any problem life presents through it. Wendy’s newest book released this summer, Rest for Your Soul: A Bible Study on Solitude, Silence & Prayer. She’s authored four other books, Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner, Living So That, I Know His Name and 1 John: Walking in the Fullness of God’s Love. Wendy has been a featured guest on Oprah Radio, The 700 Club, Family Life Today with Dr. Dennis Rainey, Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman. Wendy lives with her husband, Monty, in Charlotte, North Carolina and loves most when her children, Lauren, Morgan, and Bo come home to visit and fill their home with lots of love and laughter!
Christie is a long friend to Word Up Ministries. She has been teaching in Christian Education for twenty years. She shares her love for Jesus through serving. Behind the scenes is where she like to be. Christie and her husband live in North Carolina. They have three adult sons, and one incredible daughter-in-love.
Conference Video Production Coordinator
Linda has been a member of Read Thru the Word since 2013 and began volunteering for the ministry a few years later. She is the Director of Production for Read Thru the Word, where she uses her skills of detail excellence to help produce a wonderful viewing experience as well as scripture integrity, and content accuracy. Linda lives in NJ with her husband. They have one adult daughter and two adult sons.
After attending The Ohio State University, where he met his amazing wife Heather, Matt relocated to Charlotte to build a business. After leaving the business world, Matt has worked in communications and creative arts, serving multiple churches. Today, Matt serves Five Stones operations as the “Marketing | Communications Architect,” which is a fancy way of saying that it’s his job to eliminate distractions and make our digital and print media clear and concise. Matt offers his videography expertise and excellence to the Word Up Ministries and the Determined Conference as production coordinator.
The beauty of an all-virtual conference is flexibility. All times are approximate and based on the needs of your group. Each teaching is around thirty minutes and we suggest thirty minutes for the Application and Reflection Sessions.
The schedule below is for the weekend of the conference, October 13-14, 2023. However, the flexibility of the material is beautiful. Your group can use material as a whole day conference, for your weekly meetings (The Application and Reflection Session can be homework) or you can follow the evening and one day schedule below if you desire to host the conference at another time.
Friday, October 13 / Day One
7:00 – 8:30 pm
- Wendy Pope welcomes you to Determined Conference
- Session 1: Instruction 1 John 1
- Application and Reflection for Session 1
Saturday, October 14 / Day 2
9:00 – 10:15
- Group gets settled and Welcome Video started
- Session 2: Instruction 2 John 2
- Application and Reflection for Session 2
10:30 – 11:30
- Session 3: Instruction 1 John 3
- Application and Reflection for Session 3
11:30 – 12:00
- Session 4: Instruction 1 John 4
12:00 – 12:45
12:45 – 1:15
- Session 4: Application and Reflection
1:15 – 2:15
- Session 5: Instruction 1 John 5
- Application and Reflection for Session 5
2:15 – 2:30
2:30 – 3:00
- Round Table Conversation with Conference Teachers Q & A Video (Bonus for Weekend of Conference Purchase Only)