About Word Up Ministries
In 2008 I picked up and read a Bible that changed my life, The One Year Chronological Bible. I read, but had difficulty understanding everything. Determined to finish, and place it on my shelf I persevered. However, as the year drew to an end, rather than placing the Bible on the shelf, the Holy Spirit placed a call on my life. He whispered, “Read again, and this time invite some friends.”
I extended the invitation to women around the world through Proverbs 31 Ministries Encouragement for Today devotion. Over 1200 women purchased the Bible, many of those signed up to read with me on my blog. We called our experience Blog Thru the Bible. Each day I wrote a post about what God was teaching me. Women were truly hungry for the Word and thankful for a friend to read with. Every year since the Lord has nudged me to continue to lead and improve the class, even giving it a new name: Read Thru the Word.
Read Thru the Word
In 2014 Read Thru the Word, now daily video teachings became a full-time job. After much prayer, my husband and I decided to charge a small annual fee for the class. In doing so, this fee helped off-set expenses like site management, customer service, and production. With this change, RTW became a member-subscribed online class.
In 2018, I felt the same nudging to make another change, to further the call God had placed on my life back in 2008; to establish a non-profit ministry featuring Read Thru the Word. Word Up Ministries will allow us to invite others to be part of changing lives with the teaching of God’s great and powerful Word through the generous giving of others. We can now offer Read Thru the Word for free, as well as develop other ways to reach the lost and those longing to read the Bible.
Over 5000 Women!
The response to Read Thru the Word has been phenomenal! As a result, we have had the privilege of leading over 5000 women (and some men) through the One Year Chronological Bible. We look forward to broadening the reach of God’s Word through Word Up.
Statement of Belief
- In the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Bible, and that it is inerrant in its original autographs. It is the only and sufficient authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- In one God eternally existing in three equal Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In Jesus Christ, true God and true man, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, His virgin birth, His sacrificial death, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into Heaven, His present work of intercession with the Father on behalf of believers, His imminent return to receive His church, to establish His kingdom and eventually to judge the world.
- In the creation of man in the image and likeness of God; that man fell from his original state as a result of his sin; that by inheritance all men are sinners, totally depraved, at enmity with God and hopeless without Christ.
- In salvation solely through the grace of Jesus Christ who is the only Way, Truth and Life; that men are saved through His sacrificial, substitutionary death and resurrection; and that salvation is by faith and cannot be earned by works.
- In the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit who convicts man of his sin and the need to be born again. Works of the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation include regeneration, baptism into the body of Christ, sealing, indwelling, and enabling for service through spiritual gifts. Ongoing works of the Spirit in the life of the believer include illumination of the Scriptures and sanctification.
- In the invisible Church, the universal body of all those who have exercised saving faith in Jesus Christ; and that believers should not forsake the assembling of themselves together in a local body which teaches clearly the Word of God.
- In two ordinances of the Church; water baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- In the personification of evil in Satan and his demons.
- In the everlasting salvation of the saved and in the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.
- in “marriage” as the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union. We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a husband and a wife in the covenant of marriage.
- each person is fearfully and wonderfully created by God as male or female. Each one reflecting His very nature and image
Read Thru the Word | Donation
Word Up Ministries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All gifts and donations are tax deductible.
If you have any questions regarding donations please contact us through email@example.com.
You donations will make it possible for us to:
- Create an online Read Thru the Word course for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing community.
- Give away copies of the One Year Chronological Bible to those who can’t afford to purchase one.
- Maintain a website full of Bible study teaching and techniques for studying.
- Create a mobile app for the online course, Read Thru the Word.